So, many people have asked me, "Have you felt Dudley move yet?" I've read a lot about how second-time moms feel flutters pretty early, like 11 weeks, even. I've heard descriptions of what it feels like - weird feeling; like gas but not; butterflies in your stomach...
Well, this morning, I felt the flutters! I'm 14 weeks right now, and it felt like a muscle twitch - you know, when your eyebrow twitches, what that feels like? Well, that's what happened, but it seemed a bit high. It felt like it was happening right above my belly button...so I wasn't too sure.
But it kept happening several times! I really think I felt little Dudley for the first time today! It was really neat!
Now, along with the cool fluttering sensation, I've also had a lot of back pain...boo. I hear that's common, too, and doesn't really go away.
Cravings? Not anymore than the normal: chips & salsa (I can out-eat anyone...try me!), Thai food (at least every other Friday), sushi (the other Fridays - yeah, we're pretty predictable)...but these have been cravings even before I was pregnant. I guess I'm craving more fruit lately. ??
Fatigue? I do a good job of having my normal energy through the week at school, but come Thursday or Friday, I tend to crash on the couch for long periods of time. For example, last night, Eric went to get red curry from a new Thai place. I fell asleep while he was gone. I didn't wake up until the food was in front of me and the movie was ready to go. I woke up long enough to eat and enjoy the first 20 minutes of the movie...then off to slumberland I went again! Poor thing, I didn't get to spend hardly any time with him! And then, when he finally made me transition from the couch to the bed, I couldn't stop talking about my day! Weird. pretty sure I put him to sleep...
by the way..."Dudley" is just the pet name we're using. We have common sense enough not to name our child after a loser character in Harry Potter.
8 comments:
bwah hahaha! lots of little phrases in this post made me actually laugh. hee hee! you are funny, wawa.
love, poopy
How exciting to be feeling Fluttering Dudley! And I'll bet he enjoys rest time when you sleep, so grab the opps whenever they come!
How was book club? Missed yall, but I'll see you tomorrow!
So where are the good Thai restraunts?? We have tried so many without any luck that we have given up...none compare to our favorite back in Lubbock =(
So exciting! Don't feel bad about falling asleep. I don't have the pregnancy reason, but I tend to fall asleep on the couch and then enter into "talk/how was your day/catch up on everything going on/what do we need to get done tomorrow, this week, this weekend" mode as soon as we get in the bed.
Yay! Cute post and all the things I would ask you in person! :)
exciting!!! also, be encouraged - I had first trimester back pain and kept thinking "and this gets WORSE??" but it went away for a good long stretch until my belly was pretty large. happy for you guys!!!
Thank you for not naming your child Dudley!
So happy for you. Those flutters are so cool!
Yeah for feeling the baby!! Your description of your night was describes perfectly how I functioned through out most of my student teaching senior year... Some days I'm amazed I made it. :) Love you friend.
Post a Comment