I'll be honest; this week has been a rough week. I've stayed late at school almost every day, but not to work - either for meetings, obligations, whatever... Every morning, I have had a parent conference scheduled, but only two of the four showed up. Yesterday, I worked a 12 hour day. It's just a little tiring.
So today I was expecting another wear-down day. It was Library Day, though, thank goodness, and a free choice day at that. So maybe things wouldn't be so bad. Also, I planned on staying after school for FCA to help out...so another long day.
It turned out to be the day of blessings! Let me list:
1. Breakfast Club had tons of yummy food (some weeks are better than others). My colleague, Ruth, brought my Pyrex dish back to me from the lounge, since the "vultures" cleaned out the rest of my breakfast casserole (remember this for later...).
2. EVERY student in my first period class turned in their 6 week book report project! Now, there were only 13 students in my first period, but I've never had EVERYONE turn in anything all on the same day! (It's a bit of an issue...)
3. It was Lauri's week to bring goodies for our department meeting. She always goes all out. Today, she brought cupcakes, but knowing one of our teammates is doing a gluten-free diet, she made gluten-free chocolate cupcakes! So thoughtful!
4. Also during our department meeting, the Social Studies department sent a little care package - a bucket full of candy with notes they had written to us Language Arts teachers, thanking us for what we do. Goodness gracious, how thoughtful!
5. The students in 3rd period who I usually have to get on to for not bringing homework actually brought their 6 week book reports today!! (There were still 5 students who didn't turn in their projects, but they weren't the frequent fliers.) My afternoon classes went the same way - the kids who usually don't turn anything in DID! There were just a few kids in each class who didn't turn in their projects. This is HUGE!!
6. Last week, a sweet girl in 4th period received a Subway sandwich from her mom for lunch (4th period is our lunch period). She said that her mom wanted to get me a Subway sandwich next time, and she insisted that I write my order down. "Begrudgingly," I did so, all the while telling her what a sweet thought this was, but not actually believing it would happen. She came to class today and said, "Today's the day, Mrs. Daulton!" Well, we were in the library, and no food came... I asked her if she wanted to check in the front office just to make sure. Sure enough, there were two FOOT LONG Subway sandwiches waiting for us! Good grief! (I ate half and gave the other half to our coaches.) What a sweet kid! I made sure to write a long thank-you note to her mom before the day was over.
7. Today when I got home, I plopped my stuff down on the table and went to the couch to relax from a busy week. When Eric arrived, he asked if I had any breakfast casserole left. I told him that I didn't know, so he opened the Pyrex carrier. In it was my dish, pristinely cleaned by my coworker Ruth, with a card inside. The card mentioned something meaningful that I did for her about three years ago that she hasn't forgotten. I had completely forgotten about it!
This day was just full of blessings. I am so thankful!
4 comments:
You are a joy!!
What an amazing day! I miss Vivian Field! :) Glad your busy week ended on such a great note!
Laura, I am AMAZED at the energy you have even being pregnant! (About the same time in my pregnancy, I was taking cat naps at work or falling asleep on the couch once I got home!) So glad you have so many blessings to keep you moving. :)
what a great day! i love how God uses little blessings just when we need a boost. sounds like yours were all on the same day, but a very deserving day at that! praise God!
love, poopy
Post a Comment