Thursday, February 03, 2011

Ice Capades

Creamy tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwich garnish (that last word makes it sound professional)...mmmm... So, we've been stuck inside for three days now (and counting) because Dallas is covered in ice and we don't have salt trucks...sand can only do so much.
Here's the view from our bedroom window of the sidewalk I'd have to brave...no thanks!

Eric went outside and took more pictures for me (per Dad's request). Since he's from Chicago, he "knows how to walk on ice."
This is of a parking spot looking on to the sidewalk I walk every day.
Total and solid ice. This is crazy.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad that there was an ice storm so you could blog again. :) I love hearing about all your adventures!

karen said...

love your heading (ice capades)!

and grilled cheese garnish. my uncle bill used to say 'it's all about the presentation'...and maybe that applies to words as well as food. you've got them both...food and words. yay for soup weather!