Thursday, February 03, 2011

Fav Pics from California Christmas...

Don't judge...like I have. I've always hated the post-Christmas blogging, but alas, here I am, realizing that I haven't updated my blog in awhile, and realizing that I haven't posted ANYTHING about our Christmas around America! (Jenny, get ready...you asked for more posts!) So here goes...

My favorite pictures from Christmas in California (next up: fav pics from Chicago). Enjoy!

Dad went to Williams-Sonoma again this year and got a fun kitchen activity for us all. This time, instead of making Ebelskivers, we made custom sugar cookies! These cookie cutters have places where you can slide in letters and write messages into the cookie - like the days of the printing press! We had a lot of fun with it. :)
We taught Eric how to play Grandma's favorite game, Canasta. Boy, was that a mistake! He went on to beat EVERYBODY! Grandma held a slight grudge, but she beat him later in the week...in the card game...
Dad and Uncle Don spent most of their vacation in Grandpa's old woodworking shop making new cabinets to put over the brand new refrigerator. They were giddy. seriously.
I love this picture of Mom and Dad. Mom has done SO WELL since the gastric bypass surgery she had in September. To read her updates, go to www.cherylrich.blogspot.com. They're so inspiring! Way to go, Mom!!
Every year, we go out to Grandma's "orchard" to pick the huge oranges from her tree. I love this picture.
Also, Uncle Don helps Grandma fix her flags that hang in her backyard. This year, Grandma helped. She's so patriotic!
I love LOVE getting to spend time with my only-cousin-on-Mom's-side, Asta. Even though this picture is a bit bright, it's one of my favorites.
Eric and I left Bakersfield EARLY Christmas morning. The most beautiful sunrise sent us on our way. I love the quaint airport that is in Bakersfield. I love walking on the tarmac to the plane. And I love flying off into the sunrise. Spectacular!

No comments: