Wednesday, July 04, 2012

GGJo-isms

Grandma Jo really didn't want people coming into this part of the house during a shower she hosted. She joked about caution tape...we made it happen.
With all of these, think: tongue-in-cheek, dry humor.

GGJo - That pickle makes my teeth perspire and itch. (in reference to some Tabasco pickles we accidentally bought...and she ate)

Dad: When Garrett gets up, let's go to Dewar's (an ice cream and candy store).
Me: We need to go swimming today.
GGJo: We will go to Dewar's, and those that can, will, and those that do not, can't.

Me: Grandma, where are [the pictures of] Jenny and Ben [on your dresser]?
GGJo: They were eating pizza.
???

GGJo: (while Mom was driving to Dewar's) You'll have to slow down. I can't see it at 90 miles an hour.

Eric (at Dewar's): Do you think the moose head (on the wall...turned out to be a singing moose head) is made of chocolate?
GGJo: I think it is made by God.


Eric (at Dewar's as Mom is sampling Dad's ice cream float and I am wanting her to try mine as well): Let's all push our drinks toward Cheryl.
GGJo: Why? So she can have a little snort? I mean a little bite?


GGJo: I think it was Tuesday. No, it was Wednesday. Will you two stop arguing about it?
(Apparently, that was an inside joke or something from Lurlene...There were many inside joke comments, movie quotes, etc. I was lost most of the time.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

2She sounds delightful! I think the Witticism gene is alive and well in your genes!