haha, funny trick Mamo...
Stats: Your late 9 month stats from your well-child visit are that you ate 31 inches long/tall (still WAY off the charts) and weigh 22 pounds (75%). Long and lean...wonder where you get that from. I just switched your clothing to 18 month clothes after the snaps kept popping on your 12 month onesies... You still wear some 12 month shorts and shirts, though.
This month has been a bit crazy for you. We have only been home half the month. This has been great and very challenging. You have done a wonderful job adjusting to each place, and your Texas grandparents have done a great job learning how to
My mantra has been, "We'll fix it later," but we really need to give you boundaries even when you're on vacation! Oh my. You have us all fixated on you at all times. And we love it. And so do you. It's a bit ridiculous. ...especially when you have us all embarrassing ourselves in restaurants doing this:
You eat pretty much anything now (including meat), within reason. I've been braver this month as we have eaten out a lot. You are starting to eat off my plate, and we've even ordered you a kids meal. I can't believe you're old enough for this, but I must say, it makes life a little easier for me!
You are now officially "weaned." This has been the hardest thing I have had to do as your mother so far (emotionally at least). I have major mommy-guilt because of it, but I have to remind myself that I must take my malaria meds in order to go to Africa. I know that you will not even care once you are older, and I pray that you see your mommy and daddy's love for the Village of Hope (and other cultures and all people) through this experience.
You have learned so much this week. We really see it with cause/effect relationships. You love playing with the baby in the mirror and seeing how he copies everything you do!
You have a love/hate relationship with the swimming pool. I love the extra cuddles when you are scared. You love splashing around when you feel safe.
New stuff:
- Independent playtime...um, isn't happening (this is one of those things I'll "fix later," but need to fix now). I have noticed that when you don't have this as a normal routine, you don't follow directions well, and you don't focus on things well. You fuss more. You've gotten a little too used to all the attention. We tried working on this today. That's another post for another time. Okay, good stuff now:
- You wave now!! Well, you sometimes wave....and only at The Great Grandmother. But I'll take it!
- You understand more cause and effect. You know what gets us laughing, and you do it over and over again! It's so cute.
- You have SIX teeth now! You cut two new teeth when you stayed with Mamo and Pops in Kerrville. It seems like you were teething a lot in California, but we can't find any new ones.
- You play peek-a-boo.
- You separate your food, and pick the stuff you like. Ha! Usually we can convince you to eat something if you see us eat it, though.
- You have learned how to throw a tantrum. I've got to learn how to ignore you or something, but it's just so cute! You cry real hard and dramatically face-plant into the floor (or table, or couch...).
- You recognize and love your family. You have had so much fun getting to know your Texas grandparents and your Great Grandmother in California. You have a special bond with her.
- You cuddle before I put you to bed (naptime included). I just love it. You didn't used to do this. I am so thankful for those cuddles that it is hard for me to put you down.
- You have some definite words: Mama, Dada, banana (or something that sounds very similar), Hi, and Czechoslovakia
- Haha
- You mimic a little bit now, especially with laughing. You almost laugh socially now. It's so funny.
- Just yesterday, you moved your hands to the song, "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." !!! I don't even sing this very often with you, but you opened and closed your hands for the first part, and waved them around for the second part. We're still working on bringing your hands together. ...even for clapping...
Sweet Garrett,
Oh, you are just so much fun! You grow and learn new things every day. I just can't believe how much you are changing. I am about to go to Africa for a week, and I am curious to see what you learn while I'm away. (You better not start walking yet!) I love you so much.
Love, Mommy (and Daddy)




No comments:
Post a Comment