Friday, July 06, 2012

Project 52:TWENTY-SEVEN

Don't worry, I changed the picture from last week to actually say "twenty-six" instead of "two" in my file for the book at the end of the year. :) Anyone catch the mistake?


Sharon is an old friend. She was our playdate when we went to visit Grandma in California every summer growing up. We have so many memories with her, and they are all good. There was never any arguing (even between Jenny and me) when we were with Sharon. We would swim all day long in my Grandma's pool until our feet had blisters and our hair turned green. We had diving board runway competitions (she's got a mean Elvis impression) and made up skits.

Now, Sharon's family is basically our family. Her parents have adopted my Grandma (and vice versa) as their own. They take her to In N Out every Saturday morning at 11. Her dad is Grandma's Mr. Fix It. They are there for her while her family lives on opposite ends of the country. We are so thankful for them.

Sharon and I haven't been in California at the same time in a long while. Even though we both attend the same church in Texas, we never see each other (that's changing, though, now that we're going to early service!).

When I was planning for my family's trip to California, I ran into Sharon at church. I told her of our plans, and she was able to be there the same time we were! I like to think that she was intentional about planning her trip to see me. :)

We finally went swimming together for the first time in maybe 15 years. (That makes me feel old...) We talked and talked and talked. We almost broke out our old diving board moves.

So, for this week's Project 52, I'd like to say that being intentional means catching up with childhood friends. These friends know the "old" you. It's fun to see how things have changed, but some things remain the same.

To catch up on more Project 52s, visit the blog that got it started: www.styleberryblog.com.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Awww.....I love this! It was such a special time for me as well. I love seeing you as a mom and its always a blessing to be with GG Jo and the rest of your sweet family.:) And yes, OF COURSE, this trip was completely planned all around you. xoxo