Friday, May 11, 2012

Project 52: NINETEEN

Did you know that you can wash out ziplocks and stick them to the window to dry? Once dry, just peel them off the window (unless they've fallen down) and reuse! Brilliant, right?

It's a little trick I picked up in Africa when I lived in Benin for a summer after my freshman year at ACU. The missionaries knew that every ziplock bag was like gold, so they would reuse them again and again. So, I'm trying...at least with the ones that I haven't had peanut butter sandwiches or raw chicken in.

You know, we are told that we need to reduce, reuse, and recycle, but it's easier said than done. It's definitely something you have to be intentional about doing. I think the next couple Fridays, I'm going to try to have my Project 52 focus on those Rs. I may add a fourth - re-purpose. That's a buzz word nowadays, right?

What are some ways you reduce, reuse, recycle, or repurpose?

For more Project 52, go here.

2 comments:

The Brackeens said...

We recycle everything we can in the bins. That's the easy part. The only thing we have to take to get recycled is the plastic bags. They pick up everything else. We also use our reuseable shopping bags most of the time (sometimes we forget them :)). We reuse ziploc, as well, when we can. I use all of our diaper boxes as baby clothes storage. They are just the right size to hold about 6 months of clothing and don't get too heavy. And you can just write with a sharpie on the box. I also save some of the bought baby food containers to use when we are away from home to put the homemade baby food in. I also buy mostly used clothing for the boys. Ha. ha. But that's really more about saving money than it is reusing. :) Hmmm...can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

The Screenwriter's Wife said...

I reuse ziploc bags that aren't very messy, but my husband thinks I'm crazy as he's never heard of that. So I'm glad that I'm not crazy afterall. :)