Friday, April 06, 2012

Project 52: FOURTEEN


Tuesday was Eric's Fantasy Baseball draft. This man has been preparing for this draft for a LONG time. Researching, making lists, checking them twice, choosing at least one Cub...backbreaking work, lemmetellya. He gets giddy about it all.

He's so cute when he gets on a baseball kick like this. I love that he has this as a hobby. I don't feel like it takes away from our marriage at all. I feel like it adds to it. It gives him something that is completely his - not ours, not for the family - HIS.

(I'm sure he loves me describing him as "giddy" and "cute.")

Eric is so good about giving me time for myself, too. Usually, I'm hanging out with friends, but occasionally, I'll paint or something.

I think it's really important to do have individual time sometimes in a marriage. It keeps things fresh and gives us something new and different to talk about.

What kinds of things do you enjoy doing sans the family?

No comments: