The last Sunday that we took Garrett to church went horribly.
(Keep in mind he was sick one week, and quarantined the next week for good measure.)
We didn't have a plan for his naps.
We didn't have a plan for his meals.
(Me? Not have a plan? What was I thinking?)
This is how that Sunday evening looked at our house:
He was wearing one sock,
sitting on the counter (um, we NEVER feed him here!),
eating sweet potato (his favorite) out of his bib.
He just wanted to go to bed. He had missed two of his three naps that day,
which resulted in a very cranky little boy.
Today, I knew we needed a plan.
How was G going to get some sleep during the day?
How were we going to feed him around the times of day I always feed him?
How were Eric and I going to still fulfill our responsibilities at church (Eric counts the congregation and I sing on the worship team)?
We decided to use our amazing church nursery.
He slept for 30 minutes (that he slept at all in this new place was shocking to me)!
The lovely ladies fed him his bottle and his lunch (even though we forgot to give them a bib...hopefully Spray and Wash will work...).
Eric and I were able to count and sing.
He did great!
I was a total wreck.
I cried and had to "take a moment" during class.
I was not expecting to be emotional, and it totally caught me off guard.
I had better start preparing myself now for when he goes off to kindergarten.
5 comments:
I am so proud of you, Laura (Eric too) I think you are amazing parents. Your dedication to your church is awesome. I think your solution is perfect - the nursery is the answer. I understand your emotional response and I am sure the next time will be a little easier.
Love you three,
Mom
Ooooh, Sunday's are hard! I'm so glad you figured out a plan. I'm enjoying reading the daily ins and outs of your blog. Keep writing and kissing on that precious boy :)
I'm glad G did well in the nursery. Here's to more small successes (and surrenders) as a parent! You're doing great. ;)
Sundays ARE hard. I agree! Our solution then was the nursery as well. It was hard on us too but we figured being able to pay attention, encourage others, and be involved during church was more important. I hear you are doing an AMAZING job at this parenting thing.
You need your time, and he needs his. He will love playing with the other babies :)
Post a Comment