Thursday, August 18, 2011

Waiting... Weeks 37-39

He's still hangin' in there! Enjoy the pics - the stats and info are below... Notice that the hair is down in all the pics! I've decided not to "let myself go" anymore. :) Plus, I figure that if little G can come any day, I had better be lookin' my best. 

Week 37

Week 38

Week 39 (taken today on a self-timer...)
Okeydokey, the past FOUR weeks, there has not been much of a change. Sure, Garrett's growing, as I'm still measuring a week ahead every week. This morning, my fundal height was 40 cm. The way it has been explained to me, the fundal height should equal the number of weeks you are. I'm 39 weeks, so I should be 39 cm.

I also haven't gained any weight in four weeks. That's kind of crazy to me since G is still growing. I'm still eating everything I normally eat. I guess he's just becoming more of a parasite or something. Ha! I mean, check out the pics above - my belly is definitely still growing! My doctor is not concerned at all, so that's good.

About four weeks ago, when everything started leveling out, my doc said that I was progressing (you know, dialation, effacement, all of those lovely terms).  Well, I've had the same stats for four weeks there, too! My doc is glad though, that I'm at least being consistent and have progressed a teensy bit... you know, four weeks ago. Oh, and Garrett is still head-down, so PRAISE GOD on that one!

I asked her today two things: how big does she think Garrett is, and how long after the due date will she let me go?

She felt my belly again, and guess-timated that G is at 8 pounds as of now. She also, however, said that tall, skinny women tend to hide how big the baby is, so he could be bigger.

BIGGER?! EEK! Lord, help me now!

Okay, so how long after the due date will she let me go before inducing? This is one of those "play it by ear" things. I mean, I still have a week until my due date. So next week when I go in (if G hasn't come by then), we'll chat about how things are going. We'll see how that next week goes, and then she'll do another sonogram to check on the amniotic fluid (at 41 weeks). Depending on how that goes, we'll talk about inducing.

You know, if it comes to that.

Thankfully, Eric and I are pretty even-keel about everything. Since we're convinced Garrett will be late (who knows, maybe I'll be in labor on Labor Day - ha!), we're just patiently waiting. I have several other friends who are due this week, too (crazy, huh?), so it's exciting to see how their stories play out as well.

Please pray for the timing of everything to be perfect. I just want a healthy baby and a healthy mommy. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! You look AWESOME! And I love your attitude, too. :) Come on, Baby Garrett!!

Unknown said...

Glad you and Garrett are doing so well...so nice of him to be the one gaining weight. I do hope he comes to see us sooner rather than later...but Labor Day would be a cool day to have a child, I suppose!
...And you look so cute and happy in the photos, too...

Aubrie said...

Lookin' good! I'm so excited for you, and can't wait for the "arrival" post!

karen said...

laura,
you look fabulous!
just a few more days til your world is turned upside down in such an incredibly wonderful way! can't wait to meet your bundle of boy!!
xoxo,
aunt karen