Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunday Lunch with the Liebls

Meet the Liebls.

We have been trying to have this family over for awhile now. We love having families over for lunch because we can just make the kids cook! I think they like it. Usually, we make my family's favorite: Stromboli. However, we had another family over earlier in the summer and we taught the kids how to make Stromboli. Well, they just loved it so much that the kids taught some of their friends...the Liebls. 

So, we had to find another meal for the kids to make. PANCAKES! My family always made our own pancake syrup, and I found a yummy new recipe last week on pinterest that I wanted to try out again. Plus, each kid could be in charge of a different aspect of lunch. 

H made the pancake batter and pancakes since she was the oldest (and could do well near the stove). P and her dad made the pancake syrup (equal parts sugar and water; boil until clear; add maple flavoring).  

Little D made the microwave bacon with the help of his momma. 

Eric supervised (and did the dishes afterwards).

Jamie chose the frilly apron to wear...or rather, he didn't make a decision until all the other ones were taken. Ha! ;)

H did a great job with her first pancake-flipping experience. She's a pro!

Check out that stack of pancakes!

1. Cut a hole in the middle of the stack.
2. Fill with syrup.
3. Dig in!

What a fun Sunday lunch experience! The kids even cleared the whole table and rinsed all of the dishes afterwards. We loved it!

1 comment:

mindy said...

I LOVE this!!!Thank you so much for the inspiration!! I need to start having families over and putting them to work:) It takes the pressure off of having everything done ahead of time, and it's more fun, too!! I know your hospitality has blessed many families. I like the idea for pancakes for dinner, and homemade syrup, who knew?! Very cool! I've never put the syrup in a hole in the middle either, love it! Share your stromboli recipe sometime, if you get a chance:)