Then, I waited almost an hour to see my doctor. Come on, folks!
Eric and I had a plan. If the amniotic fluid levels are low, we'd schedule an induction for this week because that's what my doctor would recommend. If the levels are fine, we'd schedule an induction for this week because I am SO DONE with being pregnant. Seriously, I always knew Garrett would be late, but this waiting game is so boring!
Well, the fluid levels are PERFECT. I mean, perfect. They would even be perfect if I were only at 35 weeks. My doctor, the voice of reason, said that this whole time, we had wanted to see Garrett arrive on his own and not through induction. She encouraged us that women much smaller in stature than me have successfully delivered bigger babies without C-section, and that I could, too. She didn't want us making a decision based on emotions that we would regret later if he did decide to come this week on his own.
So, she did a more vigorous examination (I'll spare the details). I am progressing a TINY bit more than last week, but still, not really much.
Did I mention that Eric couldn't be there because of work? Yeah, I was a bit emotional. ...but fine.
So, here's the plan. We will see how this week goes. If I go into labor on my own, excellent! That's the best scenario, of course. If I don't, then we'll induce next Tuesday, September 6th.
My family will come up this weekend (at least Mom & Dad), and stay through next week.
Alright, that's the plan. We'll see how it all plays out. If you could, please pray for the following:
- that Garrett will arrive this week on his own
- that if he doesn't, the induction is successful
- that I can stay occupied and productive until he arrives (basically, so I won't get too bored and lazy. I know, I know... "enjoy it while you can!" Do you know how annoying that is for me to hear?)
Thanks, everyone.
7 comments:
I can't wait for you to get to meet Garrett! I know you must be going crazy waiting on him. I can't imagine what it would be like if we were still waiting on Miss Emily. I'm so excited for you! And however the delivery goes, everything will be just fine. Even if you have to have a C-section. It has been SO much easier than I anticipated.
do you need to be distracted? Read any good books lately?
Glad to hear that precious little Garrett is perfect even down to his amniotic fluid levels. It will be so nice to have your folks around next week to meet baby Garrett and help out his parents. Hope they will restrain themselves from eating all the good meals you have prepared, however!
Love you!!!
Just wanted to encourage you. I was late with both of mine (one significantly late), so you are not alone on that front. So glad your baby is healthy and you are still feeling good! Also, both my babies were not small(8-5 and 9-6). The delivery was just fine and they didn't seem at all large to me. Also, I know your ultrasound person is usually "spot on", but those can be so flawed, so give that detail to God girl. You are going to do great!!! Keep praying and resting, and journaling. He will be here so soon!! PS, a bit of TMI for you...I also had my "membranes stripped" and both times that sent me right into labor(once at 41 weeks and the other time at almost 42 weeks). Praying, praying and praying for you three :)
sending happy birth vibes your way! i understand the "emotional state"! praying for little man to come on his own!
I'm for sure saying my prayers for you, dad and baby! Hopefully he'll come on his own and I know you'll do great. Can't wait to read all the details of the first time you met your son!
however and whenever he gets here, it truly will be worth the wait! sorry, i know you are tired of hearing that, too...but it is just so true!
as you may remember, my first(s) were late, too!
xoxo,
aunt karen
Oh, I know you're so very READY to meet sweet Garrett!! Maybe you've provided such a cozy home for him, he doesn't want to leave;) I'm glad your family is coming this weekend! Maybe Garrett is just waiting for them! I'm thinking being in labor on Labor Day would be pretty awesome! Good fluid levels should make for an easier post-delivery clean up:) So excited for y'all!!! You're gonna be amazing parents!! Praying for all three of you!!
Post a Comment