Other than the Babymoon and the last-minute trip to Kerrville/San Antonio, Eric and I have pretty much been around town this summer, which is rare. I've been staying inside, for the most part, because of the Texas heat! Good grief!
To beat the heat, though, I've gotten to hang out with some pretty fun people:
Jenny and Mike helped us move in to our new house, and they came to visit us during their road trip to Tennessee!
We introduced Mike to "Settlers of Catan."
My best friends Anne and Dearing spent some time at my house after my church baby shower. Love them!
...and I met up with Anne and Angie (another best friend) for lunch. We all live in the DFW area, but can never seem to get together because of our specific locations (Garland, Lewisville, Ft. Worth...yikes!). I love these girls.
Angie brought us cupcakes that changed my life...well, the Salted Caramel one did. Oh my goodness.
My BFFs post-college left for Africa to spend some time at the Village of Hope. I hated not going this year, but Kami and Amy came back today with stories about how the kids still remembered me and Eric and were asking about us. Melts my heart!
We have hung out with James and Ashlee Henley several times this summer to get used to being around a newborn (hi, Mallory!). They are already recognizable at one of the many In-N-Outs that have popped up in Dallas.
I've been able to commiserate with my other hot, prego friends at some baby showers. Andrea is due a few days before me, and Allison is due a week and a half after me.
Hahaha!
We had to have Megan join us, too, even though she's not due until December 31st. Yay!
I've also been able to catch up with some of my teaching friends. Heather and I tried out Twisted Root Burger for the first time, and got the chocolate malts (and split a burger and sweet potato chips). Mmmm. So good!
...although here it looks like I'm terrorizing the malt. What can I say? Garrett was hungry...
1 comment:
Hello Laura!!! It was so fun to "catch up with you" on your blog! We are excited for you and Eric! You will make amazing parents! I wanted to let you now that the "Real Bookstore" was in the same shopping area as the Twisted Root Burger place...that is if there is only one of those burger places...because Ashley, Emma and I ate there right after we left the bookstore. Did you see it? It is such a nice place and I was super impressed with all the story times they have for young kids...something you will need to check into before you know it! :)
Post a Comment