Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nesting?

Round one of making freeze-ahead meals...

I wasted spent the whole morning procrastinating setting up for this crazy day of chopping and assembling. I kind of pushed myself a bit too much the night before by grocery shopping by myself. Note to self: when you have to use the cart to hold you up, it's probably time to get yourself home. (before you rag on Eric for not being with me, understand that he was at tennis...a very important part of a happy marriage!)

Step 1: Write the directions on the bag for what to do after the meal is frozen. 
Have the recipes handy (see post-it notes).

Step 2: Set out all the ingredients, and get a good cutting board and knife.
Chop chop!

Step 3: Assemble and dump - first the veggies, then the meat, then the spices.

Coq Au Vin - recipe here

Chicken Curry - recipe here (makes 2 bags)

Goulash - recipe here (also makes 2 bags)

BBQ Chicken - recipe here (also makes 2 bags)

I have no idea if these recipes will actually work or not - that's another post for another day. :) Apparently these recipes can last up to 6 months in the freezer. If you were counting with me, I was able to make 7 meals! I have 5 more to go, but am procrastinating, stalling, whatever.

Maybe I'll get to them today...

Eric also wants me to make a baby board for Garrett. So much pressure! I'll have to look at the flaws every day. I can't seem to get inspired to do it. Does anyone else have this mental block when creating stuff for themselves?

Maybe I'll get to it today, too...

2 comments:

Allison said...

I know you are anxious. Glad you are being productive. :) Give your self some slack too... It's okay if tomorrow is hard. Passing your due date sucks! Also, you should go on a date if you're not in labor!!! It will be so rare soon. Enjoy your time together just the two of you! Love you friend.

mindy said...

You're so smart to do this!! You'll be very thankful once that sweet boy is here:)