Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break

So, I forgot to bring my camera cords, so this is another picture-free post.

It's SPRING BREAK!!! Eric and I decided to go visit "Yo Granny" in California. We figured it would be easier to come now instead of in the summer when travel might not be so comfortable for me. (By the way, did you see my new Lilypie ticker showing how far along I am? If you're google-reading this, hop on over for a sec!)

Anywho, we're in CA visiting Yo Granny. Mom and Dad are here, too. Mom and I went shopping for maternity clothes yesterday, which was kinda weird since I'm still not very big. But I got some staple items that will hopefully help this summer be more comfortable. Actually, I got these capri jeans that are already so much more comfortable (and pretty cute, if you ask me!) and some shirts and tanks at Old Navy. I kind of hit a wall after that, being so overwhelmed... We went back through the crazy-busy mall to meet back up with Eric, and we found another maternity story. I got a second wind and got some fun tunics, leggings, and a swimsuit (duh, I'll be SO BIG this summer!).

Today was really fun. Yo Granny, Mom, and I went to several fabric stores to get some inspiration for the nursery (we're 95% sure on gender...and we'll find out for sure next week). Well, considering Eric and I don't have a space for a nursery (we're moving this summer, hopefully, into a house...that's another post for another day, though), it's pretty overwhelming to think of decorating a space for this little one. We found a few things, though (after hitting another wall of being overwhelmed).

We then picked up the boys and went to Dewar's to get ice cream. YUM! It has a cute old-fashioned soda fountain shop. We all ate WAY too much, and had to roll on out of there. Yummy yummy!

That's about it for now! I'm off to figure out more ideas for nursery space (that we don't yet have) and to look for houses in our budget. Wish me luck!

Peace out, yo.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Thought about you tonight as I tucked my kiddos in under the beautiful art you made both of them. Such a sweet and talented friend you are!