BOY!!!!
So, we kind of knew this already... but we went to our fancy appointment today and the doctor double checked. He also told us these things:
- Our son has all four chambers of his heart.
- He's got both kidneys.
- He has all his fingers and toes.
- He doesn't have a cleft palate.
- He's got his male parts. :)
The sonogram picture has another cute profile pic and one of his lower half. His legs are crossed, but the doctor clearly pointed out that he was a boy. He looked so crammed in there!
Oh, and some sad news... apparently the flutters that I felt and that Eric felt were either from gas or my aorta. I've never felt anything like that before, but the doctor must know best. I'm kind of bummed, though. I'll feel him for real soon enough. Sorry, Jenny, you didn't feel him either. but now you know I'm gassy...
By the way, is that not the cutest onesie?! Eric is big into Bears and Cubs (being from Chicago). This is my first purchase for the baby! We had agreed to not buy anything until much later, but when you're in Fredericksburg.......
9 comments:
oh boy, oh boy!! so excited for you! xoxo,
aunt karen
Yay! So much fun! While Lucas and I were in Fredericksburg, I made him drive over to Kerrville. Of course, I thought of you! So funny that we just barely missed each other in FBG! I'm glad everything is going well. That's so great that y'all have already gotten all of the info you have. Our 20 week is on April 3rd. Can't wait for that to be here!
I'm so sorry...I was pretty skeptical that you felt your baby move before I did when I'm in my second pregnancy, but I wasn't going to burst your bubble. ;) And it was a little higher than you'd feel them at that point, but soon enough, girl. I think I felt them with Hudson pretty consistently at about 21-22 weeks, but I was late compared to most people. Today was the first time I really felt more than one or two when I was lieing on my belly. I guess he/she didn't like that. ;) So...how did you already know and why did you have your US already? They usually do them at 19-20 weeks. I'm kinda jealous you already know!!! Boys are so much fun. I'm thrilled you'll be able to stay home for (at least) a year. That is such a blessing! And you're right, that's not something that "just happens". It's something you prepare for in advance. I'm so happy for you. We'll have to get together. I can't wait to see my little one and see that things are progressing along properly. ;)
You have to buy something the day you find out! It's like a rule, or something.
So excited for you!
Yay for boys!! So excited and Aubrie was right-got to buy something the day you find out! :)
Congrats Laura & Eric on a little Eric Jr!
Blessings on the Daulton Boy! Little Dudley is one blessed little guy for sure!
Yay! A boy!
I'm so excited for you! It's funny how you're so ready to know boy or girl and then they're able to tell you their heart looks good and they've got normal sized kidneys etc and it puts it all into perspective - a healthy baby is what you want...boy or girl! You'll feel that little man VERY soon as will Jenny. I felt L around 19wks I think which was 'later'...but once I felt it, it was very distinct :-) My mom was literally feeling my belly at like 15 weeks or somethin saying "I think I feel it..." ha
Post a Comment