Tuesday, March 22, 2011

you can stand under my umb-erella...

I feel like I'm in the middle of a huge rainstorm. ...but I have an umbrella. A really good one, actually... It's big enough for as many people as possible. But it's still pouring all around me. I'm safe, though. I'm protected. We all are...if others get under the umbrella, too.

I am so blessed. Really. I have a healthy pregnancy. We have been responsible with our financial blessings to where I get to stay home next year to raise my child. I have the most amazing husband who balances me perfectly. I have wonderful friends who talk openly about God. I have a safe place to live, and I'm about to move into a house (Lord willing). I have a wonderful family whom I don't get to see nearly enough, but whom I can talk to anytime. I am at a good place emotionally, spiritually, and physically, to enable me to be strong for others. I am holding an umbrella amidst a torrential downpour.


I was talking with a good friend at school today, and this metaphor came up. She's really struggling with some stuff, and she has allowed me to walk beside her this year as she goes through some things. Her faith walk has inspired, encouraged, and uplifted me so much this year. Watching her grow closer to our Lord makes me feel comfortable talking openly and freely about how He's working in my life as well. I feel that when I catch up with her, we are both under the umbrella, although it's pouring all around us.



There have been some major struggles in my family this year. Pouring. The struggles have not been with me, so I am able to walk beside my family through it. Umbrella. My sister-in-law's mom underwent some major surgery recently. Pouring. God completely provided a miracle through the doctors, and she now walks tall. Umbrella. My dear friend at church is going through tragedy after tragedy. Pouring. I am in a place where I can encourage her and be there for her. Umbrella. Another close friend has had lots of faith questions come up lately. Potential pouring. She has sought the Lord in everything and has shared a lot of it with me. Umbrella.

I know this post is much more serious than what I normally write on this random blog, but it's been on my mind a lot today. I am so blessed. I hope you understand that I don't say ANY of this to praise myself. Praise the LORD for His umbrella that I have the opportunity of holding right now.

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

I love this post, Laura. About a year ago I felt like I was in a down pour. God used that down pour to draw me closer to him. Looking back I am so thankful for that rain. Anyway, thanks for sharing!