Thursday, March 31, 2011

Harding Friends

Last weekend, in the midst of all the birthday hullabaloo, Eric's dear friends from his Harding days came to visit. We rarely get to see them, and when we do, it's always a treat! If these great folks tell you anything about my hubby, he's a keeper.
We spent most of the weekend eating, honestly. Kimberlee and Jordan were great hosts for everyone, and Kimberlee is a wonderful cook! Amber and I ate our share of the red velvet cupcakes she and the girls made for my birthday (and Dave's birthday, too).  
 Every time we all get together, we do some kind of craft...well, the girls do. The past two get-togethers, we have painted picture frames to hold one of our group shots. Laura ended up painting hers in a hot pink zebra print. So cute! Don't you just love her cute hair, too?
 Kimberlee went with a neutral background and flowers. I think it turned out so cute! I didn't get a picture of Amber or my frames...

Meanwhile, the boys played "Settlers of Catan." ...for hours and hours...

Really, though, this has come to be one of Eric and my favorite games. It's kind of like Monopoly meets Oregon Trail.

Here's to many more hangouts with the Harding bunch!

1 comment:

Courtney 'Bellomy' Stone said...

Hey Laura!! I found a link to your blog through Mindy's and have enjoyed "catching up" on your family! Congrats on the new baby!!!!! They are lots of fun!
BTW, Bryan and I LOVE Settlers. We play it ALL the time with friends and family. We describe it as a combo of Monopoly and Risk but I like your Oregon Trail part!!