My 30th birthday was amazing. Last weekend, I went to Fredericksburg with Jenny to meet up with Mom and Chelsea (my sister-in-law). Mom treated us to massages (YESSS!!!), and then we ate lunch at the Peach Tree Inn (MMMMMM!!!).
This weekend, I had a birthday tea party with my closest friends. My good friend Katie volunteered her adorable home, and my other good friends brought all the fixins. I provided several of the teapots and teacups that my amazing grandmother has painted. The funny thing is, Jenny also had a tea party in Austin! I can't remember if I wanted one because she wanted one, or vice versa, or if we just both came to that conclusion, but I was so excited to be celebrating the same way as her. It's hard to have solo birthdays after a lifetime of shared ones. :)
These beautiful ladies are some of my dear friends in Dallas.
I had so much fun catching up with people I hadn't seen in a long time. Ahh, I am so blessed!
Some more of my dearest friends here... Katie (in the black) had everyone go around the room and share their favorite memory about me. At first, I was a little embarrassed, but it was so special to me.
After everyone said their memory, Eric walked in the door with this... wow. This was from a friend's 30th birthday, and it's being passed around...but somehow, I still have it... long story...who's gonna get it next?
Eric also provided the after-tea entertainment. Here's the kicker. He has been working SINCE OCTOBER on a video featuring about 100 of my family and friends. It was amazing. He re-wrote the words to "Bohemian Rhapsody" to be about Jenny my birthday. He divided it into sections and emailed people from all over the States to send in videos of themselves (some in costume) singing their part of the song. I honestly don't know how he pulled this off. He had all of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins (from New York to California and everywhere in between), friends from college, friends from here, JENNY'S FRIENDS (some from Memphis whom he has never even met!!).
I mean, this guy is GOOD. I can't believe all of the hours he spent coordinating this project. I knew he was up to something, but I had no idea what to expect! We're working on getting it on youtube, and I'll post it here.
Honestly, I was laughing hysterically and balling my eyes out. I didn't quite know what to do with my emotions, so I think I destroyed the mini cupcake I was trying to eat...
When everyone left, I gave each person a card I had written them. I wanted each person to know how much she meant to me and how special she is in my life. Again, I am so blessed.
Back in September when we were talking about the big 3-0 birthday, I had told Eric that I just wanted to be around and see people I loved. He helped make the tea party happen, and he made that amazing video. It was so cool to see everyone that I love on my birthday.
...his 30th birthday is in 6 months...how on earth do I compare with this?! seriously...any ideas??
5 comments:
What to do for Eric?! Give him a baby boy - that is pretty hard to top too! Love you, Dad
yeah, dad, but what do I do for eric???
-jenny
Jenny, you should baby-sit the baby boy so that Eric and Laura can go out for his birthday!
Wow, that guy is a keeper. Good luck topping that. Maybe you can just grow him a baby in your belly?
What a special weekend and thoughtful hubby! Happy birthday!!! I just found a recipe for homemade dish washing detergent! Hope it works as well as the laundry detergent:) Hope you're feeling great! You're going to be such a fun mama!
Post a Comment