Friday, October 26, 2012
Project 52:FORTY-THREE
As you already know, we had a wonderful time with Grandma Lois and Grandpa Stan last week. Since I'm making these Project 52 posts into a book, I wanted to commemorate our time together.
I also wanted to commemorate our time at the Texas State Fair. We went the last Thursday night of the Fair this year. We ate new fried foods; we watched the Bird Show; we took our picture with Big Tex...
The next morning, Big Tex's 60 year old electrical innards had a problem. I'm just amazed that he has lived such a long, full life! Did you know that Big Tex only left the Fairgrounds twice in his lifetime? The last time was to go to ACU's homecoming in 1955. That's crazy!
Anyway, we are all saddened by this iconic loss. Next year, I'm sure he will be bigger and better. We look forward to it!
I'm so glad we have a great last picture with him:
And Garrett's first time meeting Big Tex in 2011:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment