Don't worry. That's an empty cup. :)
Ahh, Valentine's week. Surprisingly, I know someone with a birthday almost every day of this week! Today, Garrett and I took a special beverage to my friend Liz at her school where she teaches.
Lemmetellya, getting out of the house with a baby is DIFFICULT. I have to time things just right to where he's happy and awake, and we're able to run the errand before his naptime. Until just a month ago, G only stayed up an hour at a time before going down for another nap.
One hour.
That includes nursing him and changing his diaper.
That's not a lot of time, folks.
So, I have to be INTENTIONAL with my errands. He is staying up a bit longer now, especially in the afternoons. He won't sleep in the car unless he's just super-tired and we have a long ride or something. (He does great on road trips, though.) I can't just run errands when it's his naptime and assume he'll go right to sleep. Ha! He has also seriously cut back on the time it takes him to nurse. We're down to about 10 minutes total, people. That's efficient! Plus, it gives us a lot more time to play (and run errands).
Needless to say, I don't get out with him unless I have to.
We had a lot of fun on this excursion...and I may have picked up a little something for myself, too. :)
I think giving gifts, though, takes some effort and intentionality. The whole idea behind giving gifts is that you've gone out of your way to do something nice for someone. I'm not a natural gift-giver...probably because I'm selfish. But I want to be.
I want to be the kind of person who gives little gifts because I was thinking about that person...not just because of a birthday.
My neighbor from our old apartment is like this. She still gives little gifts to Garrett. It is precious how much in love with this baby she is!
My mom is also like this. She is so generous with her time, creativity and resources (especially her embroidery machine)! I am a lucky girl to be on the receiving end of her creativity.
I'll have start with birthdays, though, and go from there. :)
Check out the other Project 52 projects over at www.styleberryblog.com.

2 comments:
I totally understand! We have to be super careful to plan things in the right hours of the day so that we don't throw off Ke'alohi's schedule. Glad you were able to get out of the house!
That's awesome that you did that! I have a friend that is a stay at home mom this year for the first time. She has a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. She brings me a drink to school maybe 2 times a month and it can turn a really hard day into a great one. Keep it up! I know it is appreciated by whoever is receiving it!!
Post a Comment