Friday, February 03, 2012
Project 52: FIVE
Last weekend, I went on a Girls' Retreat. Well, we called it a retreat. Every Wednesday during the year, 6 of us get together to hold each other accountable for different struggles and to pray for one another. I cherish this time. Every January, we get together and eat fondue and Raclette to begin the new year.
This year, we wanted it to be more retreat-like. One of my friends, Amy, used to post Scripture around her house that apply to what she's doing. For our retreat, I wrote notecards for everyone that were inspired by what Amy used to do (and now does again!). Here are a few we came up with:
On the bathroom mirror, there's a verse about God looking at the heart, not the outward appearance. In the closet, there's a verse about clothing yourself with righteousness. As we leave the house, there's a verse on the door about being a light in the world.
I want to change the verses out occasionally to remind us throughout the year. It's already been a good reminder for me. The one above is posted on the lamp by my bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That is such a great idea and thing to do for your family! My Project 52 this week was about our “fur-babies” being a part of our family and motherhood.
What a fabulous idea, Laura! I just might have to copy it. :)
Post a Comment