Saturday, February 25, 2012

Project 52: EIGHT


Eric and I went out last night with some friends to a Brazilian steakhouse. 
It was Eric's first time to go to a restaurant like that. 
We have never spent so much money on a date before (even with the Groupon),
but it was worth it!

We went with our good friends Brandon and Andrea,
whose daughter is two weeks older than Garrett.
Somehow, we didn't talk about our kids very much!
We were able to relax and enjoy being adults.

I needed that very much.

I discovered that getting a babysitter is like preparing for a substitute.
You have to get the "classroom" ready.
You have to write "lesson plans."
And then you have to be okay with the "substitute" just keeping the "class" alive until you return.

Garrett had a rough day yesterday.
He didn't want to take his naps.
He was fussy.
He was needy.
I didn't have time to get things ready, but I did it anyway.

Some dear friends of ours from church came over to babysit - one mom and three daughters.
They are absolutely in love with Garrett.
...just not with his crying...
He had a tough time going to sleep,
but with the calming help of a mom who has been there,
he settled down.

He ate at 6:30pm, finally went to sleep at 8:20pm...
...and didn't wake up until 7:00am.
Happy and chatting!

Yes, that was just what I needed!

1 comment:

The Brackeens said...

SUCH a good one! You are inspiring me. My New Year's resolution last year was a monthly date night. I think we did it January, February, August (on our babymoon), and December. Yes, my fault. But SO important. I'm so glad you are doing this so I can be reminded of these important things!