Thanks to pinterest, I've been feeling motivated to make some things.
Boys wear pants.
Well, girls wear pants, too, but they have more options than just that.
Pants are SUPER difficult to pull off and scrunch on at every diaper change.
Therefore, the new trend is Babylegs - leg warmers for babies instead of pants!
Unfortunately, they run about $12 a pair! Eek!
No way.
So, I made my own.
Ladies' knee socks at Target are on sale right now for $2.50! What?!
Just cut off the foot portion and you've got baby leggings!
You could stitch the bottom edge, too,
but I haven't gotten around to changing the thread in my machine yet.
Diaper changes will be easy this winter season,
and when Garrett starts crawling, these will protect his little legs, too!
Plus, they're pretty cute.
In December, I'm participating in another craft fair. See last year's write up here.
Unfortunately, I'm out of tote bags from Ghana.
I guess it's fortunate, though, because it means I sold them all!
I still have a lot of those seasonal boards left, so I'll sell those.
I have those rosettes that I can make into necklaces and barrettes, so I'll sell those.
(by the way, Jenny, would you bring my fabric strips to Thanksgiving?)
And my new item is this:
A handy tote bag with your initial hand-painted on (freehand)!
I originally saw the idea in a magazine, but I've seen it online since then.
I think it turned out pretty cute!
I'll make up about 20 of these and leave the middle blank.
Then, customers can tell me what they want in the middle.
I have no idea how much to charge for these bags...
What do you think is reasonable?
They sell on etsy.com for $25, but I think that's WAY too much.
What would you pay?


5 comments:
Depending on how much you paid for the bags, I would say maybe $10 or $15 - especially if the proceeds are going to a good cause!
Do the leggings stay up on his legs?
there's a small space of leg that shows, but I'm surprised how well they stay up.
I have to admit the leggings are super cute :)
You are such a crafty lady!
LOVE the babylegs! I got a bunch on a good sale...I'll have to tell you if I see it again. I think I got 5 pairs for $25.
Yeah, how much were the plain bags? I LOVE them...I want one for L. We'll talk at lunch :)
Post a Comment