Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Craft Fair

Whew, it's been awhile! The next few posts will be catching up on the happenings around Daulton Land. One big thing that has happened is my first craft fair! All proceeds went to the Village of Hope. My good friend Kami helped me out so much. She painted the base coat and borders on all of the boards so I could do the detail work (with my fam) at Thanksgiving. My cousins, sisters, and Momma helped paint dots, rosettes and make necklaces. I painted the words and made the rosettes. My cousin, Mark, even got into the action and tried his hand at a rosette! So funny.

Kami helped me all day at the fair. In addition to my stuff, Kami brought some cute hair bows she made, and we had a huge box of bags that the vocational school at the Village of Hope in Ghana made! Those were a hit! (I still have many more if you'd like to purchase one. All proceeds go directly back to the Village of Hope.)

This was my first sale at a craft fair! ...even though I didn't make the bag...

I really liked our booth. Dearing helped me make these cute necklace displays.
Jennifer Pape (the gal who put this whole fair on to benefit a group mission trip to Brazil), lent me these plate holders. I have to get some of these for future fairs!)
Kami stayed with me the whole day - actually, she stayed and cleaned up while I went to go sing in a wedding! Busy times...


All in all, I think the first experience was successful! Next year, we'll have to advertise the fair a bit more to get more traffic, but Eric did a great job on the side of the road trying to get people to come in the doors. I leave you with this jewel:

No comments: