Thursday, November 03, 2011

A Week of Firsts

Garrett's First Airplane Ride
On the way to Chicago, Garrett was congested, so I had to suction his nose.
Of course he's going to scream...
But overall, he was a good traveler.
I nursed him during takeoff and landing, so his ears wouldn't hurt.

Garrett's First Time to Sleep Through the Night!!!
Technically, "sleeping through the night" is anything over 5 1/2 hours.
When we got to Chicago (and I don't know if it was the plane ride or what), 
Garrett slept 6 hours!!
...he didn't repeat it though until we came back from our trip.
Again, must have been the airplane ride,
but he slept 6 1/2 hours this Wednesday,
and 7 hours last night!!
I sure hope this lasts.

Garrett's First Time to Meet Great Grandma Goodenough!
Now he has met all of his "greats!"
He talked and cooed more to her than to anyone else before or since.

Garrett's First Hotel Stay
Poor kid was behind bars, but he slept well.


Our First Date Night Since Garrett was Born
Grandma Lois babysat while Eric and I went to Maggiano's for dinner.
Earlier that day, we discovered Milecon drops
because Garrett was screaming all afternoon.
But as soon as he got some relief,
he was back to his smiley self.
I didn't worry at all about him during our date!
I didn't even call!
After dinner, Eric and I went to a coffee shop and played checkers.
I won.
It was a good night.

Garrett's First Halloween!
When Jessica sent me a link to a miniature banana suit,
I knew what our family would be for Halloween.
All of Eric's dreams came true.

Garrett's First Piece of Bread
Haha, not really. 
We hung out with Eric's brothers-from-another-mother and their wives on Sunday night.
The weather was horrible, 
so our corn maze plans were ruined.
We ended up driving around until we found this restaurant.
We got some weird looks from the other patrons as we sat down.
And we discovered that Serbian food is pretty good!

Garrett's First...
I don't know.
I just wanted to post this cute picture:

Garrett's First Time to be Stuffed in a Pumpkin
I wonder if he realizes that the embarrassment is just beginning...

We had so much fun during our week in Chicago.
Thank you, Lois and Stan, for being great hosts!
Garrett really enjoyed being spoiled by all the attention.
He doesn't really know what to do now that his grandparents aren't around.
We look forward to seeing you at Christmas!

2 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

Blue Teddy!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Looks like you all had a GREAT trip! Hopefully you have more embarrassment in mind for when we're all together at Thanksgiving???? ;)