Monday, November 07, 2011

Happy 2 months, dear one!



I've decided to copy other bloggy mommy friends and write a letter to Garrett...

Dear Garrett,

I can't believe you have been in this world for two months already! Sometimes Daddy and I forget that we have a child (no offense...), but sometimes it seems like you've been here for much longer. We took you to your two month check-up, and you were great! You took your immunization shots like a champ, only with a little whimper.

You are now 25 inches long/tall/whatever (off the charts!), and you weigh almost 14 pounds (13lb 13oz to be exact)! You are a big boy! 

You have started cooing and smiling this month (around week 5 or 6), and we absolutely love it. You had a lot to say to Great Grandma Goodenough when we went to Chicago last week. I think you must have been telling her about how much fun she'll have in Heaven, since you just came from there, and she just went there.

During the day, you eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, then play, then nap. You go down for your morning naps really easily, but sometimes you fight it in the afternoons. At night, you are starting to go 6 to 7 hours in between feedings but not every day...like last night...

Tummy time is a regular activity at our house, and you seem to like it for a bit. Here are some pictures of how well you are doing:




When you are on your back playing, you still accidentally hit your toys. I think you are really close to purposely batting at them, though.

Daddy and I just love everything about you, sweet boy. We think you are a pretty easy baby. You have blessed our lives in so many ways, and we love to see you smile and "talk" to us. God has great things in store for you, little man. We are so blessed to be your parents.

2 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

Oh my! How cute is that picture of him in just his diaper! He is getting so big and is so precious. You can leave him here anytime and go have a night out. Michael can teach him all about sighting things and counting.

Mindi Tipps said...

Precious pictures. I love these monthly posts.