We were supposed to wear French clothing...This is what Eric and I came up with:
Jenny and Mike looked way cooler. :) (btw, that's not really a cigarrette...it's a rolled up nametag and a stirrer straw....)

Here's the birthday girl with our BFF Angie whose birthday was also that weekend (we celebrated hers the next weekend...post to come!). Dearing sported a 40's inspired garb since we would watch the movie "Chocolat" in the backyard later.
The food was pot-luck style, as all of Dearing's friends brought something to add to the spread. Everything was so tasty, and I ate WAY too much... Garrett appreciated it, though. :)
Dearing had me make these signs in French to indicate what everything was. I also wrote translations...
Eat some food!
Come watch the movie outside!
These gals live in the coolest house in north Austin that is perfect for entertaining. Notice the lights in the background of this next picture. That was Eric's doing. We're so proud.

The party was well-attended and a lot of fun.
Also during the weekend, Eric and I got to see some of our favorite people - my FriendSpeak reader, Yi, from a few years back and her precious daughter. I'm so glad they moved to a place where I can visit them occasionally!
They greeted us with a sweet card that Rachel drew to welcome the baby into our family. Precious!
What a great weekend! We actually got to see Jenny and Mike the weekend before as well. And I got to see Jenny the next weekend, too. It spoiled me a bit. Now I really miss her. Come visit again, Aunt Jenny!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment