Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Third Anniversary!

For our anniversary (well, actually, for our Babymoon - you know, the last vacation before it's not just the two of us...), we traveled to the Ozark mountains in Missouri and relaxed at an amazing resort called Big Cedar. It had just enough amenities to have lots to do, but it was relaxing enough that I didn't feel too guilty because of getting tired out WAY sooner than normal!

This is the living area of our resort. Cool!

Here is the view from our balcony!

The past three years, just the two of us, have been fantastic!

Cubby power!!

One of the cool things at the resort was that one night, they had a complimentary bonfire where you could make s'mores - everything was provided. Yum!

We also played putt-putt on the property, but it was perhaps the worst putt-putt course ever. We didn't try for very long... but I think I won... but I may or may not have cheated...shh...

The resort also had a lazy river! This was one of the best things because I didn't get worn out! 

We found these great rocking chairs where we watched the sunset on the last night.

Our view from the rocking chairs:

Before the sun completely set that last night, we played shuffleboard! 

This is what we saw as we played:

There were so many amazing views at this place. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for letting us use some of your timeshare points to go on this vacation! It was just what we needed.

Happy anniversary, honey! I have enjoyed growing with you these past three years. I have loved having people into our tiny apartment home, eating Thai or sushi on Friday nights and watching "Lost" or "Alias", sticking to our budget and growing through those conversations, having breakfast quiet time devotionals with you, traveling on long road trips or out of the country with you, and learning that we, albeit not perfect, are a perfect match. I love you so much, and can't wait to see what God has in store for our next three years as our family grows.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post! Looks like ya'll had fun! And I love that pink dress!

Unknown said...

Love to read such a sweet tribute to love and harmony even through the ups and downs. Happy Anniversary, and it did look like a delightful destination!

Unknown said...

Hilarious! We went to Big Cedar Lodge when we were about 6 months pregnant! Except it was for our belated honey moon ;) Great place to relax. We had one of the private cabins, which was super cool. In fact, I just recommended it to someone this week.

Unknown said...

that comment was from kent. :)

laura jo said...

Ha! That's fun, Kent/Amber! Yeah, it was really pretty - but walking from place to place got me very winded.