Thursday, June 03, 2010

This is Why I Teach...

I received a note from an 8th grader today as she passed by me in the hallway. I taught her in 6th grade, and today was her last day of middle school.

What's up Ms. Rich?
Ha. I never did get used to calling you Mrs. Daulton. Well, anywho, I just wanted to tell you that I loved having you as my Language Arts teacher. Sixth grade year was the best with you in it! You made learning fun and exciting! haha, I remember those dances that you made up...and the songs too! The song "Glamorous" you remixed it to "Character Traits." Remember our small pre-AP class? I think there was only like 9 people. But 7th period was the best with you teaching us. I remember when we had to write a story in your class and I decided to write about my grandmother who past away. I actually cried in front of you. I've never been that real with a teacher. Uhh, sixth grade I was going out with Carlos Miranda! eww! I don't know what was wrong with me! Ms. Rich, you have been a great teacher! You would always have a huge smile on your face, and you are the most out-going teacher that I know. When I found out that you went to my orchestra concert and saw me perform it made me so happy. I still have that bookmark with you in your wedding dress. On the back you told me to be a leader! You really did inspire me...as you can see in my orchestra. Well, Ms. rich, I will never forget you! You will always be in my heart!

Love,
Adriana
P.S. I love you!


I think I may frame it.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura! This made me cry! You are such an excellent teacher and I hope you get many more notes like this. I only hope I can impact one of my students like you have yours.

mindy said...

absolutely precious!!! you should frame it:)

Tiffany in Topeka said...

Laura, just think how many others thought the same thing but didn't take the time to write a note. You ARE a great teacher - one of the best I've ever met. I'm proud to know you. :)

Jessica said...

Seriously, I am tearing up! You continue to amaze me with your gift of reaching these students - in the midst of all their hormones and craziness. It is clear God is using you as a beacon into their lives! They are SO lucky. :D

laura jo said...

oh my goodness, YOUR comments are making me get all misty-eyed. Thank you all so much for your sweet words. :)

stephruns said...

yes, frame it!