Monday, June 14, 2010

Stafford, VA with the Gudgels!

It was soooo good to see Katie and Jeremy again! It had been awhile.
And who knew I had to drive all the way to VA to visit Aunt Karen! That was a fun treat. :)
On Sunday, we visited Washington DC. Jeremy and Katie had already been to most of the museums, so they dropped us off at the Holocaust Museum first. We really enjoyed that one. They had a fascinating exhibit on propaganda that really connected a lot of dots for me in my sporadic knowledge of WWII. It was interesting to see how an entire country can be brainwashed because of struggles and pain. It was a very humbling experience - a history that I hope we can learn from and not repeat.

Our next stop was the American History Museum in the middle of the mall area. Here's Eric as president. "...oh yeah!" (said in the Kool-Aid man voice)
I got to meet the Obamas. Michelle's dress was by far the best of the first ladies' inaugural dresses. I mean, really, some of those were not very attractive.
Eric hurt his finger by doing this...
So I guess meeting the Obamas didn't have as much of an effect on them...they didn't let me in the gates!
Eric got to see his hero, Abe Lincoln! Hey, Abe!
I love this pic at the Vietnam Memorial. There are just so many names on that wall.
Jeremy and Katie finally met up with us again (they had been dropping us off at each of these places).
Eric got hungry, so we had to go back to their place...
The Gudgels still have their Hawaii license plates on their Corolla. It's not every day you see those plates on the mainland! Here, Jeremy is either sad or exasperated... or something. We really couldn't tell.
On Monday, the boys both had to work, which left us gals to enjoy some shopping in downtown Fredericksburg, VA! ...which is similar to Fredericksburg, TX with all the antique shops and cute boutiques.
Katie and I had lunch outside.
And then we stole this car and drove away!
It has been so much fun to see and catch up with the Gudgels. We'll be sad to leave tomorrow. ...but to remember my trip to see her, I now have this cute purse at 40% off! :)
Next stop: Brooklyn, NY to see Asta!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Hey Laura and Eric,

Can't wait for you to get here! Let me know what time you think you might roll in.... Have fun with ASTA in Brooklyn!

xo,
Aunt C

Jessica said...

I am so glad you are posting regularly again! It is so fun to see what you and Eric are up to. :)

Wes said...

Wish I'd of known you guys were coming, I live outside of DC, ya know! :(

Glad you enjoyed yourselves though, this is a pretty awesome vacation spot...

Laura said...

Love the pictures! Looks like an amazing time!