Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Second Year!

Eric and my second anniversary is today (Tuesday, June 22). So, yesterday, we decided to celebrate by driving to Hershey, PA. Here we are going through Connecticut again...Then through a beautiful stretch of New York, including crossing the Hudson River.
Then on to Pennsylvania. What beautiful country up here! There are so many mountains and trees. It's gorgeous.
We stopped by in Scranton...ha!
Doo dooooooo na na na na naaaaaa bum bum dodee dodee dooo dooooooooo na na na na naaaaaa.....
We had "the good kind of pizza" at Alfredo's Pizza Cafe...although it really was pretty disgusting. The cheese they used was white, but it tasted like they opened up some sandwich singles and placed them over the spaghetti sauce, topped it with a few pepperonies, and baked it. Blechk.
We finally made it to Hershey, Pennsylvania. What better way to spend our anniversary than eating way more chocolate than we should! We began this part of our trip with a visit to the new Hershey Story Museum.
Eric is learning at the feet of Milton Hershey. Thanks, Milt!
We decided to taste chocolates from around the world and compare their flavors. I'm really glad we split this, but it was fun to have dessert before dinner.
We both really liked the Java caramel-like one on the far right. The others were really yummy, too, and reminded me of the hot cocoa Jenny and I ordered in France one winter. Remember, Jen?Here's my creation. I added krispies to the bottom of it and sprinkles around the front edge. Mmmm!
Eric is hard at work. He added krispies, marshmallows, and white chocolate pieces.
Here we are with our finished creations. This was really fun. :)
Haha, the lightposts are kisses!
Mmmmmm....
After our chocolate-bar-making, we met up with my college friend, Jennifer, and her awesome family, Chad and Hudson.
Hudson was my little buddy. Man, that kid is cute!
We really enjoyed catching up with them, and we're so excited that they're moving to the Dallas area in two weeks (about the same time we get home).

After dinner, we went to Chocolate World...

This one's for Mom -- I'm sitting on Twizzlers! :)
We ended our evening of chocolate with the free tour at Chocolate World. It was really cute with singing cows and everything. But it was definitely a tourist trap. Once you leave, you get thrown in to this HUGE store with all of the combinations of Hershey's chocolate, t-shirts, pillows, home decorating ideas...you name it. Luckily, we got our goodies at the museum (a magnet and some goodies for Allie's kids).
Happy anniversary, SWEETIE! :)

3 comments:

The Brackeens said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I checked out the blog last night, and I think it'll take me a few days to catch up on it! I love the pictures with you guys and the hershey light posts. Very nice! We were SOOOO happy we got to see you on the trip. Sorry we couldn't have you over - PACKING MESS! This morning I realized I should have used your creative advice...need a new name for my blog. Any ideas? Think about it on the next 100 hours of your trip, and let me know if anything pops into your head. :) LOVE.

Heather said...

Happy belated anniversary! I just wanted to stop by and tell you thank you so much for linking to E-mealz and writing about us in your frugal post. Have a great week!

Mandy said...

Love that you went to Scranton, PA! Nate and I love The Office too. I think we need to go back to our office trivia though...are you sure Alfredo's Pizza was supposed to be the "good" one? I was kinda thinking that Pizza by Alfredo was the good one, and Alfredo's Pizza was the disgusting one, which would make sense by your taste test! Anyway...sounds like fun!