Here's Eljay cruising into Delaware, where he's about to play Frisbee Golf!
This place was really well-marked and fun because of the big boulders and tall trees.
We drove the entire length of New Jersey on the Turnpike for just $5.50! ...then we ventured across one bridge of NYC that cost us $9. Woah. Bring cash, people.
Here I am SCARED TO DEATH about driving in NYC...but conquering my fears! We made it! parallel parking and all. :)
ASTA!!!
We walked from her brownstone (aka "really cool condo") across the Brooklyn Bridge...
...mwah!
Are we having fun yet?? :)
...past Little Italy...and to a yummy pizza place called Lombardi's.
...and we devoured every last inch of it.
...then we walked across the Manhattan bridge past this really cool graffiti...
...to get some yummy cheesecake for dessert at Asta's place.
After over 8 miles of walking, we crashed, missing the end of the Boston/Lakers game.
The next morning (so...Wednesday, I think?), we had breakfast at the cafe at the end of Asta's block...
...and went on our way. I wish we could have spent more time with Asta. We had so much fun! We talked non-stop, and picked up right where we left off last Christmas. I really enjoyed spending some non-Christmas time with my cousin. I don't get to see her except for the holidays, but I still feel very close to her when we're together. I was honored to see Eric and my Christmas cards on her refrigerator! from both years!! I thought she may have just put those up because we were coming, but her roommates assured me that they've been up since she got them in the mail. Made. My. Day. :)
All good things must come to an end, so we left to continue on our journey, stopping in Delaware to stretch our legs and play some Frisbee Golf. :) I must say, my right throwing arm is getting quite a workout!
We drove through Connecticut...
And I "highly encouraged" us to drive through Rhode Island. It's not every day that you're that close to the tiny state, and if you know me at all, I have to check as many off the list as possible! I decided to start my list of states visited over with Eric. After this trip, we'll have hit 25 states in our short 2-year marriage so far! :)
We finally made it to Massachusetts!

Now we're off to see Aunt Christy and Don!
1 comment:
Sounds like you 2 are having the best time!! I feel like I'm joining you through these blog posts. Keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment