Monday, August 13, 2012
Project 52:THIRTY-TWO
A couple of my dear friends are starting fresh this summer. They are moving to new places and starting new chapters in their lives. Dearing is one of them.
To celebrate the fun times she has had in Austin, her roommates (my sister included) threw her a party called "The Recap." It recapped all of the fun themed parties she and her roomies have thrown together -- parties like "Books Before Bedtime," where everyone wore pajamas and read aloud their favorite childhood stories; "11-11-11," where everyone brought a plate of a food in the shape of 11 (think Twizzlers); and a French-themed party, where upon arriving, people made a nametag with a French name for the evening (I was "Madeleine" in honor of one of my favorite restaurants and the creche where I took Alex when I lived in Switzerland).
For "The Recap" party, we had read-aloud time at 8:30, some people dressed in costume from one of the other parties, and we were asked to bring food based on one of the previously themed parties. We had a blast. I read Dearing's favorite book, "Green Eggs and Ham" in French. Although my French is a bit rusty, one of the other guests (who is French) said I did a great job. :)
Dearing starting over has inspired me to use this next school year to start fresh and truly embrace the whole stay-at-home-mom thing. This past year has been a bit challenging for me, but it has definitely gotten better. I know that I am so blessed to be at home during this season. This year, I plan on embracing that fact and figuring out how to use my gifts and abilities in this new season. I'll keep the good ol' blogging world posted. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment