![]() |
| During Garrett's trip to Kerrville at the beginning of July, they all celebrated Cow Appreciation Day. |
![]() |
| When I came back from Africa in the middle of the month, I brought Eric and Garrett back matching shirts! |
![]() |
| Grandma Lois and Grandpa Stan gave Garrett this great Cubs outfit when he was born. |
![]() |
| Mama and Daddy remember their road trip to visit Aunt Christy and Uncle Don when they went to a vintage-style baseball game. |
Stats: You are super-tall and weigh 3 pounds more than last month. 25 pounds. Mommy is getting a workout! You are wearing 18 and 24 month clothes.
Sleeping: Once we got you back home and adjusted to our regular routines, your sleeping is wonderful and predictable! You take two naps - one in the morning around 9am where you sleep for about an hour and a half, and one in the afternoon around 1pm where you sleep about two hours. You go to bed around 7:30 and sleep until about 7:15am! Hallelujah!
You began your 11th month of life in Kerrville with your Daddy, Mamo, Pops, and various other family members. They dressed you up like a cow.
I really wish I could have been there with you, but I was at the Village of Hope in Ghana, Africa. You'll go with me and Daddy someday. They can't wait to meet you!

When we all got home, Aunt Poopie came to visit for a few days. We decided to paint you main playspace in the living room dark teal. Thankfully, you took your naps well those days. Must have been the paint fumes...I jest, I jest.
New stuff:
- Independent playtime is back! You're doing so well with it, and I can really tell a difference.
- You finally clap now!! On command!!
- You also sign "more" and "all done" (and say, "Duh!" with it - so cute!).
- Words: banana ("nana"), mama, dada, doggie ("diddy"), that ("dah"), hello ("dah"), goodbye ("dah"), Aunt Poopie ("dah"), Czechoslovakia ("dah")...the list goes on and on!
- Your babbling sounds more like words and sentences.
- You are mimicking more, too. You'll "vroom" cars, say "moo" sometimes, and mimic our sounds going high to low and low to high. It's so much fun!
- You are still crawling, but you're starting to squat. When you pull up to standing, you are becoming more brave and letting go more often. You crawl super-fast! I think you're just not interested in this slow walking business (shhhh, don't tell him about running!).
- You climb the stairs. You're really good at it. I'm trying to teach you to not go near the stairs unless Mommy is with you. Yeah, that's not working so well! We may have to put the baby gate back up.
- You love to open and close doors. It's funny when you come into the bathroom with me and do this!
- You have two new teeth this month for a total of EIGHT - four on top, four on bottom.
- You love rolling a ball and then chasing after it. You get such a kick out of that little game of yours.
These next four weeks are going to fly by. I cannot believe you have been ours for almost a year. We love getting to know you. You are so curious, so intentional, and so feisty! Yes, you are a bit strong-willed. I love how independent you are and how you have such an outgoing personality. We love you so much, dear one!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy








No comments:
Post a Comment