Sunday, June 24, 2012

Project 52: TWENTY-FIVE


...better late than never!

Thank you all for your encouragement about my last post. It has been an emotional week. ...especially when G looks up at me and says, "Mama!" with tears in his eyes as I try to give him his formula out of a sippy cup. Here's where we ended up a couple days ago. We went through two sippy cups before he would take it.

I know my last post may have been a bit too personal for some people to read about (sorry, Dad), but I like to think that maybe my stories and struggles might help another new mom out there. I know that this choice, although not ideal, is the best for our situation right now. I just have to keep reminding myself that when I get discouraged.

4 comments:

The Brackeens said...

It's not too personal. The people who read this care about you and many of us have or will go through the same things. I love your courage, honesty, and openness. Sorry it's been a rough week...but that picture is precious and says it all. Like I said in my post about almost the same thing a month ago, your special times with your son, and snuggles, don't have to change just because the feeding mechanism is a little different. I'm sorry it has been a tough transition for him, too. :( Sweet boy. He loves you so!

Anonymous said...

oh my, this picture made me tear up. so sweet. love you, scoops!

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, your posts reminded me so much of when I stopped nursing Brynn. She never did take a bottle well (even at daycare) and ate all night long and by 10 months I was a completely sleep deprived worn down mama since I was feeding all night and teaching all day. I hope things get easier for you and Garrett!I adore the picture! The love you have for him is evident!

Anonymous said...

I hope things continue to get easier for you in this transition period. I adore the picture! The love you have for Garrett is so evident. Your posts remind me so much of when I decided to wean Brynn at 10 months. She never did take a bottle well (even at daycare) and so she ate all night long. I was feeding all night and teaching all day and by 10 months I was just a completely exhausted, emotional, worn down mama. It was a struggle for a few weeks, but ultimately the best decision for our family at the time. I'll pray that you all transition and have complete peace with the decision!