Thursday, January 19, 2012
Project 52: THREE
Every week, a group of friends and we have gotten together on Tuesdays to share a meal. I've been participating for seven years now (!!!), and our group has changed so much. TND, as we affectionally call it, has had some rocky times the past several months because of new jobs and aspirations, new families (ahem, Garrett's arrival), and sicknesses. But we're determined to keep it going.
There's just something special about having people into your home. In college, the house I lived in had pretty much an open door policy. My parent's home is the same way. I want that for my family. I want us to be a safe place for friends and acquaintances and neighbors to drop by. I want to not have to worry about whether the house is clean or not (within reason) to be a green light for people to come over. I want people in my life to see the messy, cluttered, imperfect life that I live, not the clean, straightened, perfect life that I selfishly wish to portray sometimes.
If you want to see more blogs also partaking in Project 52 check outAdventures in Mommyhood!, Aubrey My Love, Bugs and Boo-Boos,Candice Craves, Caynay Photography, Chronicles of KT, Courtney Kirkland Photography, The Crain's Nest, Dana Moran Photography,The Daulton Dabbler, Englexas, Everything Eatherton, Fairy Wings and Dinosaurs, Finding Joy, Firecracker Mama, Gin and Juice Boxes,Heather Marie Portraits, It's a Strange and Lovely Ride, Kate L Photography, Keeping Up With the Carters, Kim Percival Photography, Mist Moments, Moments and Impressions, The Mommyhood Memos, Moxie Made, Navigating the Mothership, Phreckle Face Photography, Quiet Footsteps, Rachel Gray Photography, The Robersons, Shades of Bliss, Simply Us,StyleberryBlog, The Todd's, We Aren't Scared of Sugar, Wicked Kate and Z as in Zebra. If anyone else is doing Project 52 and want to link blogs, please leave a link to your website in the comments so that we can link together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Since having our baby, I've definitely had to give up the idea of having a perfectly clean house! My Project 52 post this week is about how motherhood is "mouthy" at www.lucasandmahina.com. Hope you can link me too!
Post a Comment