Sunday, January 01, 2012

Crafty Christmas

Christmas around my mom must include craftiness. It's part of what makes the holiday fun!

We started our 2 week vacation by going to Kerrville and seeing all of the little ways Momma/Mamo made the house festive. Her Snow Village scenes were super cute this year:


Momma is on pinterest, and she found these explosion balls (or something like that), where, when you unwrap them, you find all sorts of goodies like this:

My Aunt Christy is on a Japanese kick right now, and she brought us these sew-your-own-toy projects this year (in addition to us getting real kimonos!). Here's my awesome sister-in-law, Chelsea, sewing her giraffe.

Here I am with my polar bear. I feel that I am an expert on blanket stitches after this project.

Look how cute he is!
Apparently, he killed my cousin Asta's elephant that you see to the left.

I also made a polar bear cub. Look at their little rumps! So cute!
They go perfectly in Garrett's room since we have pictures of other bear cubs posted.

Pops also had a project as he put together his new table.

And, of course, Mamo outdid herself yet again with a project for Garrett.
She made oversized stackable rings in the materials we used for his room.
Love it!

No comments: