Eric and I decided to go to Abilene for Easter. We've been needing to make an Abilene trip, but with buying a house and all, our weekends were limited. So Easter it was!
We went to the zoo with Dana, Joshua, Richard and Allyson (who all go all the time!).
We loved looking at the workers feeding the ducks and pink flamingos.Eric helped Joshua feed the giraffe. So fun!
Eric was FASCINATED with the beaucoups of fish fighting for food. It was a little bit ridiculous.
Later that day, Richard, Allyson, Eric and I met up with one of my good friends who taught with me last year, Amy. Cajun Cones, baby!
I also got to see a dear friend, Erin, who just moved to Abilene so she and her husband could continue their education. So fun!
Eric definitely got his Joshua fix. They loved playing with trains that the McMichaels have had since David and Jonathan were young (Joshua's college and high school-age brothers).
The highlight of Easter weekend was, of course, Easter Sunday. Spending time with many of my precious cousins was wonderful. See how precious they are? Especially David?
The cousins! Well, Dana is a cousin, too, technically... but someone had to take the picture.CASCARONES!!!! Okay, so I got to introduce my family to cascarones, or confetti eggs. They had never heard of them! What?! They kind of all stood there as I ran around them like a crazy woman cracking eggs on their heads. Next time, maybe they'll put up a fight or at least run a little.
Joshua did get to join in the fun. Yes, I shared.
This was David after he thought he got all of the confetti out...teehee!
Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment