Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hug Your Neighbor!

I love the apartments where I live! This morning, an old Hispanic woman with no teeth wearing a mumu was hugging her two adult sons goodbye as they left for work in their white work van. I was walking to my car as this was happening. I’m sure you can already guess where this is going... So, I caught her eye and held out my arms and said, “Can I have a hug, too?” She gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and asked if I was going to work this morning. So. Cute. Her name is Blanca. I have never seen her before at my apartments, but hopefully I will now!

Thought that would make you smile...or chuckle and sigh, “Oh, Laura!”

5 comments:

Katie said...

this is very you, Laura :)

karen said...

oh laura, this is just one of the many things i love about you :)
aunt karen

Anonymous said...

OK, I found your blog from another blog (imagine that). It caught my eye because my sister's name is LauraJo!! Love it!!!!!

I will now be a follower =)

Anonymous said...

Laura,
I connected to your blog off your Mom's. It was wonderful to read and see your strong faith. Keep it up. I am so glad that your Mom is doing so well and I can't wait to see you at the wedding.
Love,
Aunt Debbie

Unknown said...

Laura, you are a treasure, just in case no one told you that so far today!