Monday, June 26, 2006

Take A Hike!

Ahh, Kerrville trips! When Jenny and I were at ACU, we decided that our friends needed to see more of Texas than just the western flatlands... not that there is anything wrong with seeing the entire sky -- it actually makes for some pretty amazing sunrises and sunsets! However, if one's only view of Texas is west Texas, one can not fully appreciate our grand state. A Kerrville trip is comprised of, but not limited to, the following:

1. Take as many people as possible... mom and dad limited it to 20 people after we brought a group of 29.
2. Make sure my parents know... which they will because I think my friends like my parents more than me. ;)
3. Eat waffles on Saturday morning (thanks, dad!).
4. Pile everyone into our beat up canoes and fun, zippy kayaks.
5. Canoe and kayak down the Medina River (or hike, as was the case this weekend... please, Lord, send rain!).
6. Grill hamburgers for dinner.
7. Camping out (which means just sleeping outdoors with a fire) optional, but recommended.

I decided a few months ago, that my new friends here in Dallas will not fully know me unless they've had this Kerrville trip experience, complete with bonding with my mom at the riverhouse (as she wonderfully prepares meals for 25 folks) and with my dad on the river (as he gets us out of some tough jams... see below). Here are some pictures from the weekend:

Amy, Liz, and Laura make a good team!

Amy "took one for the team," but surprisingly, the canoe did not fully tip over!

Brandon, Jenny, Liz, Jenise, Rachel, Brad, and Natalie decide to brave the wild animals and sleep under the stars!

more pics here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Brad's huge air mattress, you can't see that I'm actually in that group sleeping outside...

Tons of fun Laura, and I'll be there Labor Day, even if you're not!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. We enjoyed having everyone. Oh, thanks for getting my best side in so many pictures. Dad

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun this weekend! we can't wait till Labor Day!
Love you
Mom.

Mad Rappin EW said...

That was an awesome trip you and your family put together for us. I look forward to Labor Day. Oh and btw the Goo Goo Dolls / Counting Crows concert is the weekend after that fyi since I know you're all about those groups. Also thanks for instigating the idea of taking me on a snipe hunt. I will cherish that for a long time... :-/

laura jo said...

well, it wasn't a true snipe hunt, now was it?

sam is in the third picture as well...hiding from the wild animals...