Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Singles' Awareness (Appreciation) Day

This was actually one of the better Valentine's Days I've had. I was able to spend this gushy Hallmark holiday with friends at our weekly Tuesday Night Dinner. Kevin wore his "Singles Awareness Day" shirt from ACU (so funny!). This TND, I hosted everyone over at my apartment. Because of med school and taxes, Zach and Mel couldn't make it, but the other "regulars" were there. It was a good Valentine's Day because I was able to be around friends. We ate a yummy meal of manicotti style stuffed shells, salad, dinner biscuits in the shape of pretzels (kind of heart-like?), and brownies with rasperries on top for dessert. Yum!

This weekend, Jenny, grandma (from California), and I are flying home to see Jonathan perform in the State Choir concert. I'm so excited for him! More details ex post facto.

6 comments:

Malaysian Debster said...

Once again, dinner was mucho excelente. Josue and I were glad that we took a different approach this year and spent Valentine's Day with our closest friends, that and because we had no money left from our Chicago trip to do anything! Hehe...Thanks for having us, as always.

The Future said...

Looks like it was fun.

I had fun, too! Just not as much, fo' sure!

Anonymous said...

im gonna have my own TND tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Referencing a prior post- I must say I was thrilled to see Dearing at PC the other day. She has such a sweet spirit, and I wish I had gotten to visit with her a bit longer. Give her my best!
Shanta

Kevin Hackett said...

I must say, I'm loving the "appreciation" part of your title there. Nice touch...glad I can bring some humor every once in a while!

Michael Potthoff said...

Hello Laura, I am passing this on to as many Christians as I can. The reason I am posting the comment isthat I have a 13 year old friend named Alan that is very sick with the same kind of cancer of the blood and I am trying to get as many Christians to pray for as I can. Please see my blog at http://work4christ.blogspot.com for more info.

Thanks and May God bless you!