Sunday, March 05, 2006

OOOOOOOOOOOOO

KLAHOMA, when the wind comes sweeping down the plains....

This weekend, some friends and I took a random road trip to Oklahoma City, OK for a concert called "Winterjam." Several Christian rock groups were featured, like Toby Mac (and Diverse City), The Newsboys, Zoe Girl, and a few others. Although the concert was geared toward a slightly younger crowd ("Who wants to go to college?!?!" was one thing that was said), we had a lot of fun. Eric, Emily, and I let loose and enjoyed ourselves a great deal. Katie got to see some of her friends and I think Brandon had fun as well. :) After the concert (and a very exciting Chinese Fire Drill), we went to eat at IHOP and got to Emily's friend's house rather late. Emily's friend, Rebecca, was a fabulous hostess. We all discovered we had some crazy ACU connections.

On Saturday, we were supposed to go rock climbing with Rebecca and her roommate at this place called OKC Rocks. However, there was a large group of children that we had to wait on, so we figured it wasn't worth our time. No worries! We got our climbing in for the day:
I think the goal of road trips is flexibility. No, I don't mean in the climbing or athletic sense, but flexibility in plans. The point is to have fun, and if plans get changed, it's easy to get frustrated...unless you're flexible! Also, many people have varied tastes in music, topic of conversation, food preferences, etc. What is the necessary ingredient? What will make it all fly? That's right -- flexibility. I'd say the group was very flexible this weekend and we all had so much fun. yay for road trips! I look forward to many more in the future.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so glad we could venture to the land up north together this weekend! Yeah for road trips!