Thursday, February 09, 2006

for Dearing...

When Jenny, Kristi, and I visited Dearing in Costa Rica in May, I took this picture. We enjoyed the gorgeous sunset near Playa Conchal Beach.
Dearing returned from her volunteer position with the Peace Corps in Costa Rica this past December. I was unable to go see her during the holidays because my family drove to California for Christmas. However, being the great friend that she is, she came to visit Anne, Angie, and me in Dallas a couple weekends ago! Yay! We had so much fun showing her our normal lives. She came and spoke to my 4th period class about opportunities after college and about her time in Costa Rica. We all went to the Meyerson Symphony (thanks for the great seats, Anne!) on Friday night and enjoyed Dvorak's Symphony No. 7 and the Janacek's Glagolitic Mass, along with some great dessert during the intermission. yum! Saturday morning, we had planned to go to Anne's flag football game, but it was rained out. Instead, we slept in late, I made cinnamon rolls, bacon, and orange juice for breakfast and we took it easy. We did manage a trip to...

Dearing had never heard of IKEA, so we had to clue her in. We definitely enjoyed the trip and since it was raining, it wasn't as crowded for a Saturday as we had expected.

Saturday night and all of Sunday, Angie, Anne, and I took turns taking Dearing to our churches. Luckily, they all begin at different times, so she could go to every one. Probably a bit burned out that weekend on church, but we all enjoyed showing her where we worship. It's crazy to have so many churches to choose from. I don't know if I'll ever get over that.

Overall, I really enjoyed having Dearing come see us in Dallas. Hopefully, it won't have to be 8 months before we all reconnect again. In fact, it won't be, since the sassy seven (best gal friends at ACU) are meeting up in Hot Springs, Arkansas next month. I can't wait!! Anyone been there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have!!! though its geriatric heaven, its a nice town.

The Future said...

That's not true.

Florida is so much worse when it comes to geriatrics.

And I was there last month (Hot Springs). I should know.

Michael Potthoff said...

Hey I am excited about this blog thing it has allowed me to check up on so many! Great blog! God blessings on your life and your ministry to middleschool kids. Cool to see what God is doing in your life!

sethnbeth said...

we dropped some dude off in hot spraangs (as he called it) on seek n follow (#2- not ours) named david. He was illiterate but Im not making fun of him... everybody in hot spraangs is illiterate I think. true story- my great great grandmas family owned what is now the spraangs in downtown but they were killed, had the courthouse burned down and the land stolen. otherwise we'd have been rich but we were instead not. beth says hello. thats all.