Thursday, September 06, 2012

Project 52: THIRTY-SIX


Over Labor Day, my accountability group from college got together at Dearing's parents' LakeHouse in Alabama. We have gotten together six times since we graduated nine years ago, and three of those occasions were for weddings. I absolutely love these girls as my sisters (you too, Jen, ha!). It warmed my heart to all be together again.

Allie just moved to the Dallas area, and to save money, we drove...TEN HOURS... The way there went by SO quickly! (The way back, we just wanted to get home!) I really was this excited when we left:

Here's Angie, who lives in the Metroplex, too. I am so thankful that she is close! Isn't she beautiful? She is probably the most loyal friend that I've ever had.

Here's my gorgeous sister. She gets mad at me when I tell her how cute she is. Ha! (She doesn't realize I'm really complimenting myself since we're identical.) Seriously, though, I think she is so beautiful. She's my best friend. (Eric, you are, too!)

Here's Anne, my roommate from my first three years in Dallas. She is my personal inspirational speaker for sure. I am encouraged so much by her. Whenever she speaks, God truly speaks through her. Stunning!

This is Kristi. Goodness, another beauty! I don't get to see her as much as I would like, since she's out of state. She was a roommate in college, and definitely helped me keep my sanity! We traveled together when I lived in Switzerland and she lived in London. Oh, I love those memories!

This is Allie, my driving buddy. I am SO SO thankful that she moved closer! She's lived far away for so long. She has been a mommy since we graduated from college, so she's SuperMom in my book. You should see how her kids obey her, her husband adores her, and how she is the rock in her family. She is so naturally pretty, too!

This is Dearing (on the right). Gorgeous, right? She was my roommate in college, and Jenny's roommate from the past several years. She is fun, adventurous, and intentional. She started a new chapter this month as she moved away. Looks like Eric and I will have to make another road trip out east to visit her!

Here we all are! I know a lot of this post has been about my beautiful friends. I think anyone would agree, though, right?

 I love this picture of Jenny and me.

Here we are after a torrential downpour at dinner! Oh, I just love my friends. I am so blessed.

1 comment:

karen said...

laura, this is a beautiful post about such beautiful girls! and the beautiful friendships you share!
and i love the picture of you and jenny! how is it that y'all look even more alike now than ever?!!!