Monday, September 10, 2012

Curious Garrett Turns ONE! ...the decor

I'll let the pictures tell most of the story.

 I'm thankful for Pops and Mamo coming up (and bringing G's Great Grandpa Ken and his Uncle Ben!) and helping with everything. G loved all of the extra attention for sure!
I wasn't originally planning on anyone being outside because the temperatures had been around 106. But, Friday night, a cold front came through and cooled things off to the upper 80s. It was blissful! The balloon garland was a last minute addition...as was the painting of the table and chairs.
 Mamo and I always have a project when we're together. We found this amazing fabric at Hobby Lobby and snatched it up with a 40% off coupon. Mom bought a plastic shower curtain liner to put over the fabric (way cheaper than buying the special plastic).

Jenny and I spray painted the chairs and table. Ben helped one night by waving his arms for our motion detector light to stay on while I painted! Ha!

I love how they turned out, and it was just in time for the party!

I moved G's high chair outside as he was begging me to 
(in the form of throwing a fit during his dinner).

I carried the Curious George theme through the whole house. 
Look for the books and several yellow hats in the decor.
See it?

These amazing cookies were made by my dear friend Ashlee. 
Check out her new business and facebook page here at The Sweet Artiste.

For each of G's birthdays, I'm going to have everyone sign a book that represents either the party or something significant in his life at that time. I thought the first book turned out great!

Disclaimer: I really don't like the original story of Curious George. The man in the yellow hat takes George from Africa via bagging him up to put him in a zoo! Good grief!

I cut up a few too many bananas for our banana split bar. Smoothies, here I come!

 Eric, as always, is a great host. Here he is setting up the banana split bar.

It was a hit! Everyone's banana split creations were so much fun to see. Garrett even enjoyed some ice cream for the first time. Yum!

 My friend Allison Harms made the invitations and these cute signs. The whole party color scheme is based on what she came up with! Check out her etsy shop and blog
I found the paper straws at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and the cute pails at Target's Dollar Spot.
Oh, and I found the hot dog trays at Ace Mart, which we used for chips and salsa/guac and the ice cream sundaes.

 I was at Hobby Lobby at just the right time to snag this grey chevron fabric.

I printed off the monthly pictures for this banner that I made.

See the yellow hat?

This was moved promptly outside.


I printed off all 52 pictures from each of the "Watch Me Grow" pictures
This was one of Eric's favorite parts of all of the decorations.

Next up: the birthday boy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your creativity and energy to get wonderful things done is over the top!