Saturday, September 22, 2012

Project 52: THIRTY-EIGHT


This weekend was so much fun!
It began Friday night when G and I picked up Eric from work, 
went to Schlotzsky's for dinner,
had a little dance party,
and went out to the Plano Balloon Festival!


This will definitely become a tradition of ours.
We had a great spot to watch the balloons fire up,
and G knew what was going on!


He loved babbling on and on about the balloons (we think)
and drinking from a water bottle.
It's the little things in life.


And the big things...like hot air balloons.

...and 5K races.
That's a big thing for me!


This week, I battled the horrid stomach bug.
The boys had it last week.
We have in no way prepared for this family run we signed up for months ago.

But we rallied and had a great time!
It was a small race.
Downhill for the first half
and uphill for the last half
(who planned this race anyway? Good grief!)

Shocking to myself mostly,
I ran the entire thing!
Whaaaa?
It was great
(although I cannot walk this evening...),
and Eric was so sweet to finish with me.
Hopefully our family can do more runs like this.

Oh, and I got 4th place.

...out of four.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Can we please pretty please join you for the balloon fest next year???!!!