Stats: You weigh about 16 pounds... I haven't measured your length.
EATING
- You eat 6 to 7 times a day still. I have read that you could go down to 5 or 6 times a day, but that hasn't happened yet.
- You have gotten much faster at nursing, cutting down the time from 25 minutes to 10-15 minutes in the past month!
- Sometimes when you're nursing, you like to take a break to smile or "talk" to me. It's just so cute.
SLEEPING
- I was hoping you'd be a bit better at this by this point. I know that you can sleep until wake-up time, but you only do that once or twice a week. The other days you wake up between 4 and 5 in the morning. And when you're going through a growth spurt, you wake up much more than that...and make your mommy very tired.
- Your bed time is in the 7pm hour. We're still trying to figure out a "schedule" for you. I will feed you again in the 9pm hour, but you don't have any "waketime" then.
- You are still swaddled, but you seem to want at least one arm out. So, just in the past day or so, we've started swaddling you with one arm out. We're hoping to wean you from the swaddle in the next few months.
- You take four good naps a day and fight all the way through one nap, usually. Your naps are between 1.5 and 2 hours...usually.
- You still protest most naps in some way. I let you cry it out for about 10 minutes. Usually, you calm down within that time (oftentimes within the first 4 minutes!). If you haven't calmed down, though, I know it's because you wet your diaper. So, I'll go in and change you, and you often go to sleep soon after. Sometimes, though, if you're overly tired, you'll do this scream-cry thing. Mommy and Daddy do not like the scream-cry, but we know it means that you're just really tired, so we let you scream it out (which usually is 10-15 minutes).
- Yesterday, you had a whole day of perfect naps...until Daddy got home. :)
PLAYING
- You love reading with Daddy before bedtime. Sometimes you remember all the fun you had, and you don't want him to go away, leaving you to sleep! We're working on that...
- You can roll from your back to your tummy! Plus, you can move your arm out of the way! You're so strong.
- You can laugh now! We've only heard it a couple times (and I think you were delirious), but it was a full belly laugh.
- You have found your toes. You like to eat them. You can only get to them when your diaper is off, though. :)
- You grab your toys purposefully now. You love your playmat, and you spend lots of time on it.
- You sometimes just want to be left alone for independent playtime. However, you let me know when you are sick of independent playtime and just want to be cuddled.
- You are now sitting in your highchair when you are awake when Mommy eats. You play with toys on your tray sometimes (which means you paw and grab at them).
- You love to suck on your hands. If you could get both fists into your mouth, you'd be in heaven!
Sweet Garrett,
You bring such joy to our lives each day. We now can't imagine our family without you. We love watching you grow and learning how to be your parents. We are beginning to understand that you are not "ours," but rather that you are on loan to us from God. We are honored to have been chosen to be your parents.
Love,
Mommy & Daddy


3 comments:
They just get more and more fun, don't they?!!! And I promise, one day you will realize that he is growing up much too fast and long for the days when you spent more time in the rocker. ;)
I love his big eyes! He's so cute!
You can watch them during the day, but they do all kids of defiant things at night ... like grow up. He's a doll!
Post a Comment