Sunday was my church baby shower. I am so blessed to be connected and feel community with my church here in Dallas. Eric and I have really enjoyed having a second family since ours are so far away. We were completely overwhelmed with the generosity of everyone on a simple Sunday afternoon. Over 60 people came to support us, including my sister and mom (yay!), some friends from college who live out of town, my FriendSpeak reader and three of her friends, my cousins from Ft. Worth, and many many more.
My hostesses were amazing. They ran with the Chicago Cubs theme from the invitations to the table decorations to the thank you cards. They welcomed each person and ran things so smoothly. Even though I arrived about 20 minutes late (oops!), they made sure I stayed on track with opening presents. Ha! Here they are:
Erin, Gayla, Brianne, Michelle, Kami, Maire Shannon, Kathy, Megan, and Laura
The table
The cake blocks that Kami slaved over. She's amazing!
The eagle-eye view of Michelle's beautiful home:
Maire Shannon has three sweet, beautiful girls whom Eric and I have been close to since the twins were four years old. Maire Shannon wrote down every single gift, and her sweet girls brought them all to me. They even learned how to sew to make my present - homemade burp cloths and decorated onesies! Adorable!!
All of us are due about two weeks from each other. Andrea is first, I'm due two days after her, and Allison is due about a week after me. I can't wait to get together with all of them after our babies are born!
Sophie and Reagan kept me company the entire time.
It was so loud at the shower because everyone was having such a good time chatting. I'm so thankful people felt comfortable enough with so many of my little circles colliding.
Thank you, Prestoncrest!







1 comment:
It was indeed, quite the gathering of lovely people!! You are surrounded by great friends and family...glad I could be there to share the fun! (And I left w/o getting the thing for Lyndsey...sorry for that, and I will collect it at your convenience.) She will be here to welcome Valerie so she will mail it from here.
Post a Comment